Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the gobble bag

my mother read about this idea online and decided to do a craft activity for lainakay's birthday. so we all got bags and painted a face on it-this is my sorry face-no artistic talent here. but the concept is that the bag gobbles up what the kids don't clean up before going to bed. then they lose the toy for a week. if it is returned to them and left out again then perhaps the toy is not so important and can be given away. so we will try it and see how it works.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard of these bags. We do that only we have a trash bag - not as cute. Looks like I know what I'll be making...like I need more projects.

Traci said...

That is a cute idea. I may be needing to borrow that idea myself!

Lacie said...

I love the idea!!!! It is a fun way to make a good point- Pick Up!

Ok- you made a great face! What type of bag did you use?

Ginger said...

I have been considering a similar idea for a while... I am just such a sucker about actually giving away toys the kids really like, but I am also so tired of the same things left out over, and over, and over and... well, you get the idea, you have kids too! :-)

Shaka said...

lacie-i'm not sure what the material on the bag is and there is not tag.-sorry. it's like a fake canvas that they make those fold up boxes out of. a canvas bag would prob. work great too.