Friday, August 17, 2007

8 Things About My Marriage

Lacie tagged me so here goes...

1. Where did you meet?
we met at Rick's College (now byuidaho) in a racquetball class. we both had a few straggler credits to finish up and were taking this class during summer term. the funny thing is that we discovered that we had taken the same English class a couple semesters before. he remembers my sister from it but not me. i don't remember him from it at all.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
the first thing i remember saying was something like sure or yes. i stayed after racquetball class to practice while i waited for my friend to finish her class and then we were going to go exercise. he poked his head in and asked if he could practice with me. i said yeah, sure(or something like that). in the course of that first conversation we discovered that i knew his cousin. he was serving an LDS mission in my hometown and had been to my house for dinner several times before i left for school-in fact he had sat on top of me(shame on that missionary!). my little sister had a crush on him for a long time. she couldn't wait to come to our wedding to see him again. (sorry). *funny thing is, that friend i was waiting for, her and i had decided to forget about guys for that last month and just have fun-i met my husband and she met hers that month!-i guess we still had fun.
3. Where was your first date?
he took me to dinner and a movie. chinese food and i can't really remember what the name of the movie was-we did watch it. i dated a lot of bums before i met my husband so before i met him i had decided that the next guy i dated would be active, would take me to the park to play frisbee would come over and play cards with me at night, would go for walks with me. then i met him and he suggested to go to the park and play frisbee and he came over one night with a deck of cards and when i asked him to take a walk with me he wanted to go! corny i know but it's true!
4. Where was your first kiss?
on my front porch. he came in for it and i, not realizing, turned my head. a little awkward.
5. Did you have a long courtship/engagement?
we were finishing up summer term which was only a month long. so when that ended i went to utah to find a job-i was continuing on at BYU in the fall. he left to go home for a month and then he was leaving on his mission and would be gone for 2 years. we wrote while he was gone and then i went to california to see him when he came home in august. i ended up moving there for a while. he proposed in september and we were married in January! the day before we got married it was sunny and in the 60's-in January! i kind of wished there was snow since it was winter and the next morning we woke up to a beautiful snowy day!
6. Where did you get engaged?
on the top of Mount Lassen! we hiked up to the top and along the way he kept stopping and giving me presents-chocolates and things like that. once at the top we found a pretty little corner and he got down on his knee and proposed. since we were at such a high elevation my fingers were swollen and the ring didn't really fit. but by the time we got back to his house it fit perfect!
7. How did the reception go?
the reception was great. i just had a great day! it wasn't anything grand and fancy but it was a really nice day! i can't tell you if anyone else had a good time because i was just in a bubble having a great time! and yes-he stuffed cake in my face! if you know him you aren't surprised!
8. How was the honeymoon?
well, we didn't really have a honeymoon. we stayed the night in a nice hotel -in the honeymoon suite, which was really nice, and then drove all our stuff back to our apartment where he was starting school in 2 weeks, and then flew out for my hometown to have a small reception. he still owes me! that is one thing i would change-go on a honeymoon! it's too hard to go on one later!

there you have it! almost 11 years now!!



i tag lainakay and laurel and traci-if your up for another tag. have fun girlie's!

6 comments:

laina kay said...

Oh, no fair! Lindsey tagged me and I was going to tag you as soon as I actually posted mine! Ack!

laina kay said...

That was fun. Thanks for the tag. Here's my story...

Lacie said...

Great Story!

I thought it was so funny how you were just going to "have fun" without guys AND THEN- you meet your husband!

The more planning you do, the more the unplanned happens!

Traci said...

I promise to get to this in a day or 2. It's been a busy week! Love your wedding pics!!

jessica said...

Fun Story - thanks for sharing!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

How could I never have commented on this?! I'm just getting around to doing mine (coming soon) but I can't believe I never beat you down for the "crush" comment! You're going down girl!