Tuesday, August 28, 2007

and the earings were still there-right where she left them the night before.

it's true, i took out my earrings and set them on the coffee table and when i came back the next day they were right where i had left them! why could i leave them there? because my kids are gone! grandma took them on friday and they are still gone today! i've missed them but i have also had a very nice time.


Friday-my husband and i grabbed a light dinner and went to see BOURNE ULTIMATUM. good movie-lots of action-definitely the dad's pick but i did enjoy it.


Saturday-we went into Manhattan, did a temple session and then spent some time in the park. we saw some classics! this guy just one of them.-yeah, he's dancin' on those skates!
Sunday-quiet morning, got myself ready for church, sat quietly by myself at church-actually listened to the speakers! after church we watched a movie, took a walk-we found a trail across the street from us that we knew was there but didn't realize it went so far! then we watched another movie-(we have the movie channels free right now so we are recording everything) it was my birthday-the big 33!-hmmm that was hard to say! oh well.


Monday-quiet day, ran some errands i've been wanting to do but not drag the kids on. then when my husband came home and the kids still weren't here we hit the trails! there's a trail that we've heard is supposed to be good and it's only about 10minutes from our house! so we loaded up the bikes and headed out. it ended up to be a really good ride. some easy trails and some really technical ones which was a fun challenge. i took a couple of spills! it felt good to get out there! we need to make sure we go more often!-we are waiting for you LAUREL!

so, i think my kids are coming home today-i can't wait to see them!

7 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Love the dancing skates dude.

What fun to be able to go to the temple in Manhatten. Somehow Dallas isn't quite as cool...

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Now that's what I call a BIRTHDAY! Hmmm...since mom is going to be here for my birthday, I better get the same! Dang I wish we could go mountain biking...but the biggest "mountain" in Texas is the landfill!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun to have that time to yourself. I didn't know earings could stay in one place. Looks like you and dh had some fun together as well.

Looks like we both did some mountain biking this weekend. Only mine wasn't such a great experiance.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

P.S. That roller skater is AWESOME! I think I need to go out for a spin myself!

laina kay said...

Ooh! You were ambitious. I think these days if the kids went away I would just nap, watch tv, blog and eat ice cream for dinner! Or, sadly...clean the house

Lacie said...

How Fun!!!
Aren't Gradparents are GREAT!

Happy Birthday!

Traci said...

Happy one-day late Birthday too you!!! Sounds like you sure had a great birthday weekend! Sounds like a fun ride you went on and the trails by your house- how convienant!!!
To many more birthdays!!!