Tuesday, August 21, 2007

catalog shopping

my downeast basics catalog came this weekend(i didn't know they had a catalog but glad i got one!). they have a lot of really cute stuff and decent prices! here's some of what i like...

i like the skirt here.

so now here is a complaint. i'm tired of layering! i just wish that these modest clothing stores would make more shirts or dresses that don't require a tank underneath. only one of the shirts above doesn't require a tank. i feel like i wear enough layers -especially during the summer! it's too hot!

is anybody else tired of the layers?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes. Living here in St. George where it gets clear past 100 layering can be miserable. I agree that places like DownEast should make more dressier modest cloths.

On the flip side though, it has opened up a whole wardrobe for me that I never would have imagined I could wear.

Lacie said...

I have never heard of downeast basic, but i love their clothes!!

I ditto the layering thing- just more clothes to wash! LOL!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

I'm with you! I open my drawer and dread what I see...I don't need any extra layers in this Texas heat!!!

Rochelleht said...

So so true! I am wearing a Layers shirt right now. It is hot here in Texas and even though "Layers" and "DownEast" are super cute, they do require more than one shirt in most cases. It's just too darn hot!

kelly said...

amen sister! we wear enough layers already! it used to be that i wore tanks underneath shirts that were too short. now i wear tanks because the shirts are too low.

Jake said...

amen...hate layering!