Monday, August 11, 2008

perspective


do you ever wish you could put on someone else's eyes, that you could see how they see you? i often wonder how other people see me. in my tag post i quick snapped a picture of myself as i was writing the post and when i saw the picture it didn't look like me. often times i don't think pictures look like me. i see myself in the mirror everyday but i think in my head i see myself differently. and more than just physically, i wonder how people see my personality. do they talk about what a nice person i am when i'm not around or what a snob or mean person i am. it would be interesting to be a fly on a wall. in general we don't tell each other what we think of each other, rather we tell others what we think of someone. sometimes i think it would be helpful to know what people may be saying. i'm sure i come across different than i mean to in many ways. i'm realizing how things i say may be taken differently than i mean them. there usually isn't any hidden meaning in things i say but i sometimes could see how someone might think there is.

i'm also realizing that i'm turning 34 this summer. that is crazy to me. do you remember the show 30 something. well, that show was on when i was in high school i think. i never really watched it but i do know that those people were old. i am not that old-am i? i have 4 kids-my oldest is turning 9 this year! we are an "established" family. at least what i would have seen as that when i was younger. but i don't see myself that way. i still think of us as a new, young family. but i don't think we fit that category anymore. i know we aren't old but we are...well, 30 something!

just a thought




3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so funny that you mentioned 30 something. I think about that show every once in awhile. I think I caught clips here and there. I've actually thought about seeing if I could find the series on DVD. The 30s are almost something like being a middle schooler. The in between years.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Shaka, Shaka, Shaka,

Don't you remember the day we sat in your van in the middle of your driveway and I asked you to be my friend? I ASKED, maybe even begged, you to be my friend! Don't you remember?? I chose you because you are so awesome. So well rounded. We are different and yet have a lot of similar interests. I like that. You have an awesome sense of style about your house. Your kids are adorable, look adorable, and act with kindness towards others - That speaks volumes about you as a Mother and, bottom line, the woman that you are. Ahhhh, lets see. You are a terrific cook. Organize parties well. Love to play games and be silly. And you forgave me for not being the good friend I should have been to you as soon as you moved into the Ward.

If the bottom line is here, that you are freaking out about the *4*0* number quickly approaching, two things which you might find comforting are:

1. I'll get there before you.

2. Just ask Graciella or Patricia to guess your age and I PROMISE you'll feel tons better!!!

Love you much and come swimming again soon!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

LOL! Hmmm...mean or nice...give me a scenario and I'll give you an answer! :) I have a few memories of both...as I'm sure you have of me as well!

My scalp may never recover from one of the "mean" moments...

But I will also never forget how much a certain phone call from you meant to me when I was having a particularly hard day at college.

So...we all have both sides...and we all hope that the good side shows up enough to out weigh the bad side...right!!