Saturday, August 30, 2008

goodbye to summer

these are the bikes that made their first trip to the other side of the neighborhood without an adult

this is the patch of dirt worn into the dad's well manicured lawn from daily wiffle ball games



this is the wagon that sped the neighborhood kids down the road and skidding into my driveway


these are the army guys who went to war in my driveway



this is the street that held many kickball games





this is the blanket that hosted daily picnic lunches



these are the swords that dueled from the front yard to the back



this is the swing where many important meetings were held



this is the cat who sought shade and safety where ever she could



these are the pokemon cards that battled daily in my yard



this is the skateboard that finally made it to a skate park-and loved it!

this is the tree that started changing color and dropping it's leaves far too soon, letting us know that fall was on it's way and our long carefree summer days were coming to an end.

we will be back next year!

4 comments:

laina kay said...

Are you leaving until next summer?!

Just kidding. I love this post, very clever, great photos! I was actually making my way to my blog to pay my respects to this summer that passed too quickly!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

The leaves are changing already :(

Ohhhh how I long for fall.

Love this post. Love the pics.

JoAnna Anderson said...

I love your posts about your summer favorites. I think your kids willl look back on these days with lots of happy memories. What a great idea.

Alissa Nicolau said...

Awww! I love this post of yours Shaka! Beautiful photos, well thought out phrases, all the kids favorites artfully displayed. I see some blogging growth here. She who thinks she is not crafty isssss crafty! You talented lady you.