Friday, August 22, 2008

"mom is a loser"-the confrontation

so, when thing 2 came home from visiting his cousins(the boys spent last week at their cousins house and thing 3 spent last week at grandmas, thing 4 and i had a quiet week to ourselves) the dad asked him

"what do you think of your mom? is she like, the greatest or what?"

thing 2 looked at him like he was a bit crazy-why would you ask me that? kind of look.

"have you done any sweet writings about your mom lately?"

more confusion!

"or do you think your mom is a loser?"

a quick look of shock and then i think there was a glimmer or remembrance there that he wasn't going to admit to.

i just told him it hurt my feelings. it didn't really (i think it's kind of funny-shows personality-but don't tell him). i'm just impressed that he spelled it all correctly! the handwriting could use some work.

i remember doing things like that when i was little. i remember i drew a picture of my mom pregnant on my dresser. i think i blamed that on my older sister. then i remember writing my younger sisters name on the railing of the stairs and blaming it on her. i think everyone knew it was me because i seem to remember them saying it was my handwriting. oh well, i guess we know where he gets it from.

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

It is way too bad that there weren't blogs back in the day for your Mom to share and vent through. I bet she would have for sure had a big ole poleroid of your artistic interpretaion of her pregnant self! That would really be cute to see!! I suppose this blog of yours is a great way to preserve the memory for the future so one day Thing 2 might stumble across this post of yours. The two of you can have a good laugh together over it! Some day which will actually be here much sooner than we expect.

laina kay said...

Hmmm... I think the cabinet with the masterpiece is still kicking around at Mom & Dad's. Now I'm curious, I'll get a photo if it is. It was a cute little drawing, though I wasn't thrilled that you blamed me for the graffiti!

I like the way you handled the "loser" situation. Better that The Dad confronted him.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Sooooo what else did I get blamed for? :)

millie said...

So funny! I love stories like this that will be told over and over as time goes on. You'll tell it to every girl he brings home and then to his wife and then to your grandkids....ha ha, he'll never be able to live it down! I also thought you and your husband handled it well. I could take lessons from you.