Friday, August 1, 2008

my time

one of my favorite things to do, when i get a moment to myself, is to spend a quiet afternoon lounging on the hammock in the shade. i love to just lay there watching the clouds drift by catching the gentle breeze and listening to the sounds of the neighborhood- the birds chirping, the distant hum of a lawnmower, the muffled play of children. there is a special quiet that covers the neighborhood in the middle of the day. it is such a peaceful, comforting quiet. the sounds change as the evening comes and people return to their homes. but tomorrow they'll pack up and head off to work again and i can bask in the peace once more.



2 comments:

laina kay said...

How do you get to do that?...

Alissa Nicolau said...

That sounds so nice Ms Shaka. It was a nice read.

I am really, really sorry about being a total no so at Church. I'll talk to ya later ...