Sunday, October 28, 2007

star struck!

a rainy saturday turned us up at the mall (and everyone else-it was like christmas!). so while sitting in the hall waiting for the dad to check on a hat at finish line i caught a quick glimpse of a man wandering by with 3 kids. that quick glimpse screamed vincent d'onofrio!
i kind of didn't believe myself but told the dad "i swear that was him" so he said "lets go see". so we followed the man to the other end of the mall before we caught up to him and sure enough it was him!! he was wearing black pants and a black hoodie and roaming the mall with 3 kids-two teenage girls and an early teen boy! he has a lot of the same mannerisms as he does on the show! we followed him into old navy where he ended up with his arms full of clothes and then we left! left him to do his shopping without gawkers like us hanging around!

it was very exciting and i still can't believe i saw him! i never run into "stars"! it's just not my kind of luck or maybe i'm just too clueless to notice them. part of the fun thing is that i really don't pay much attention to actors/actresses but this is one that we really like! and he was in our little rinky dink of a mall! too cool!

8 comments:

aprilspring said...

Lucky you. I wished I had seen him..

Anonymous said...

Just found you thanks to Google Alerts!

Thanks for sharing your VDO-sighting. I'm only a teeny-tiny bit jealous ;0)

val said...

I could say I'm jealous, but it would be the biggest understatement ever made by a human being. I'd have had to leap on him.

laina kay said...

It's so weird to see celebrities in person. Why is that?

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

I LOVE him! You lucky dog you. Sooo...you're a stalker now, eh. I would be too :)

Michelle said...

How fun and cool for you. My friend Megan ran into Naomie Judd at Hobbie Lobbie in Nashville. And I SWEAR I saw Hugh Hefner at the Vegas airport when I was fling out to Nashville. I'm not a fan of his but he is a star so I count that as my star sighting. But not as cool as yours...that's a real star.

Lacie said...

I have always wondered how I would react if I saw someone "famous"...BUT it has never happened!
How FUN!

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness... he is one of my favorite actors!!!... Law & Order is only my favorite show... and psychology is only my favorite subject... n well...I love his character on the show... I probably would have been too freaked out to do anything more than sit dumbfoundedly... ( c : wow that's a long word... cool.. lol