Wednesday, October 31, 2007

7 random things-about me!

i was tagged by michelle to post the 7 random things, so here goes

1. i always wanted to be a trapeez artist-still kind of do. they do lessons in the city-i'm hoping to get there one day(after this baby of course!)

2. i have issues with some P words like, pocketbook, pantyhose, panties. can't use them and hate when others use them.

3. shaka-that was a nickname given to me way back in 8th grade. shaka zulu was being shown on tv at the time and a boy in my class came back to school calling me shaka after he had watched the show. of course i didn't respond at first and then one day he was walking down the hall behind me chanting shaka, shaka and i turned around and said "What!" he got all excited "she answers to it!" and that was what i was known as from then on! if you meet anyone from school that's what they call me, it's sewn into all of my sports sweatshirts and things like that from high school. so now you know it's not as random as it may have seemed. if you have emailed me you see my email says shaka con but that is just because shaka zulu was taken. oh well.

4. i love pajamas! it is not unusual for me to crawl into them at 5pm-if i know i'm home for the night! i also love a good comfy pair of slippers!

5. i received my bachelors degree in early childhood education from byu. that certified me to teach pre-k through 3rd grade. i never taught though.

6. i love to dance. i don't dance well, i prob. have no rhythm but i can't stand or sit still if there's good music on! i'm waiting for the day when the other "adult" leaders at the youth dances tell me to sit down!

7. i (me and a few friends) were held at gunpoint by my hometown police when i was in high school!
it was a day off of school and some friends and i were hanging out at one of my friends houses. she jokingly locked the guys out so they went around back to come in the slider, as they opened the door the screen fell off(as it always did) i guess a neighbor saw this and thought someone was breaking in and called the cops. so while we were inside goofing around, the house was being surrounded by cops! all of the sudden we see a gun in the sliding glass door and then there's cops coming in all over the place. it was a bit frightening. i can't even imagine what kind of look was on my face!

there it is, 7 random things! now i am to tag 7 people. laina, i know you were tagged a while back so i won't tag you. if i tag someone who has been tagged-sorry!
1. laurel
2. traci
3. laci
4. sarah
5. katie
6. cecily
7. rochelle
HAVE FUN!

10 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

we weren't allowed to say the p-word ("panties") growing up because it weirded my mom out. still weirds me out to this day.

Michelle said...

Those were great. I was giggling at the words you don't like to say or hear. That's funny.

I'm sure it was scarry being held up and all by the police but what a cool story you now get to tell.

Traci said...

Yikes about the gunpoint! I am with you on the slippers- I always love wearing them. I have even left the house in them, only to return once I made it to the car realizing I didn't switch to shoes.
I will get to this tag- hopefully tomorrow!!

Michelle said...

This was way fun to read. I love getting to know more about my bloggie friends.

Girl you are supper smart. Hey!, that makes me smart too. By association! ;)

Sarah said...

Those were great random things. I completely agree with those P words. I don't think my 6-year old girl has ever heard me say the word panties. Wow. It's even hard to type it. At one point I thought I was a bad mom for saying underwear to her after a friend (with 2 girls and no boys) commented that I said underwear and not "P". Ok - that was random. GUNPOINT! Yikes.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Hmmm...my feedback on your randomness...
#1-yeah, I can see that
#2-is this the issue with not being able to say certain letters in your head?
#3-I ALWAYS thought is was con not zulu. Go figure
#4-I'll make note for your next gift
#5-you teach everyday
#6-uhh..yeah we know...and we're glad you know too! ;)
#7-hmm...sounds completely innocent...

Rochelleht said...

Very fun! I have word issues, too and just may have to include those in my tag. I'll do it sometime in the next week or so.

Cecily R said...

My sister totally hates P words. The one that tops her list is PEWTER. She HATES it when I say it to her.

I did the Random 7 last week, and I highly doubt that anyone wants to know so much about me. Thanks so so much for thinking of me. I loved your list.

Megan said...

That was great. I love getting to know more about people that I've never met. The gun point part sounds very scary. I love pjs too.

Rochelleht said...

Did the list last week! Hope all is well. Congrats on the baptism. We have one coming up next month! Very excited.