Monday, March 2, 2009

my niece has arrived

a few days early, but her mom isn't complaining.
i've been working on this receiving blanket for her
the fabric has grown on me.
i liked it when i bought it but it wasn't what i had in mind,
so i left the store a bit disappointed.
i sent it off to be hem stitched and was pleasantly surprised when i saw it again-
i liked it.
now as i've crocheted around the edges i've really come to like the pattern and colors and am quite pleased with it.
i hope mom and baby like it too.

these two fabrics i found while shopping for the other.
i really liked these.
i thought it would fun with the bugs on one side and the stripes on the other.
i don't have any plans for it yet.
i'll save it for whoever is next.

4 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

The pink and yellow flowers are precious! You never give yourself enough creative credit Ms Shaka. Great job! Hope I can get a peek at your work before you deliver the blanket...

Michelle said...

Great work! I'm sure she is going to love it.

The bug and strip pattern us too cute. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Traci said...

i soooo love all the material you chose!!!
please do tell where you send your material to get hem stitched, please!!! i just have my sister in Utah buy them all ready hem stitched, but would love to do it your way where you get to actually pick the material you want- if you need to e-mail the info my email is tbinctathotmaildotcom.
thanks!!!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

.....say WHAT?!

Hmm...there must be a reason I never got one of your blankets for my kids (maybe because we have our kids at the same time!) but hmmm...my children may grow up feeling neglected when they find out the other nieces and nephews have them! ;)