Thursday, June 26, 2008

my blessings

i'm feeling a bit selfish and ungrateful right now. as i was wandering around the blog world i came across this blog which led me to this blog. both of these families have lost their beautiful babies recently.

my heart is broken for them. just the thought of losing my child is so painful, i can't imagine the hurt i would feel if i actually lost my beautiful baby. these women, and families must have the comfort and strength of the holy ghost. i can not imagine moving on after such a tragedy.



i am so very thankful for my 4 beautiful children. i am so thankful for their health and safety. i pray that i may be able to raise them and that they may live long, happy lives.
i have been a complainer lately as i've endured pregnancy and child birth and the long days and nights of a new baby but i wouldn't give it up for anything. i adore my beautiful new baby boy. my heart sings when he smiles. i miss him when he takes a long nap. i look forward to holding him in the middle of the night.
i need to slow down and cherish the moments with him. he will grow quickly and i can never get them back. i need to slow down and love my older children. i need to appreciate their lives and enjoy who they are more. i don't want to miss a thing.











i have been blessed greatly and i want that to show. i want my thankfulness to radiate from me. i want my children to know how much i love and adore them. i want them to know that they were wanted and that i am so much better of a person for having them in my life
why is it so easy to get caught up in the frustrations of life? the frustrations of a fussy baby or a 3 year old chatterbox? why is it so easy to get caught up in the frustrations of a messy room or dirty floors?
it's not worth it!

1 comment:

laina kay said...

Definitely something we need to remember though it's difficult at times. They do grow up way too fast, so fast it's hard to see it until after we've rushed through a stage. I'm such a procrastinator that I always find myself saying "Tomorrow I'll do that with them" and then it's another tomorrow and another until I realize they're too old for it now. Gotta focus on now sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

P.S. The links aren't working.