Thursday, June 19, 2008

morning light

thing 4 seems to like the early morning hours. he's usually up around 5 and no matter how hard i try he won't go back to sleep. so this morning he was up at 6, not hungry and not going back to sleep! every morning that i'm up with him i think i should just take him for a walk but i really want to be sleeping so stubborn me just keeps trying to get him back to sleep-just for 1 more hour, okay, maybe 2-please!!. but this morning i said forget it! i pulled on my sweats and bundled the boy up. as i passed the other boys- who were already zombied in front of the television-i instructed them to get dressed and i'd feed them breakfast when i got back! and out i went. as that fresh, crisp morning air hit me i wondered why i didn't do this every day! i love the feel of the morning air but i forget that as i'm snuggled in my bed. maybe this little guys sleep habits will be good for me!

4 comments:

laina kay said...

good for you taking advantage of the early wake up. gotta make the most of it :)

Alissa Nicolau said...

Cool shot!

You'll be in your old size 4 jeans in no time with all that walking ahead of you!

Traci said...

You go girl! I think I will be doing that too after this little one comes. I should be doing it now, but get way tired!!! Then if you mix in the humidity, I don't last long!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Oh yeah, I love the crisp morning air too! There's just something about being out and about before the world wakes up (remember early morning seminary). And of course I always tell myself I need to get out and enjoy it every day...but it never happens for me!