Tuesday, July 31, 2007

slow down




well, i unexpectedly disappeared for a while. life just got busy. the boys started swim lessons last week-every morning for 2 weeks. so mornings were busy making sure we were ready and out the door on time. then last week was end of month for loan closings so i was busy with that-not as busy as i would have liked. i think interest rates are creeping up so it is slowing down a bit. i also just feel like the summer is slipping away from me. it's just too short. i don't feel like i get to spend the time i want to with my kids. i just want to have those slow days were we wake up and feel like going somewhere and go but there is just so much that seems to be demanding my attention. i have two very demanding callings at church and my job-even though it isn't a regular thing, and then things i want to do like get together with friends. but they all seem to pull me away. i guess that is life and the key is to learn how to balance it and how to say no and how not to feel guilty when you say no or don't call the friend you said you would.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I am with you. Can't believe in July they were putting out school supplies!! I feel like the kids just got out of school. I want to hurry and do things with them before the school year starts up again!!!

Shaka said...

the week after the kids got out of school i got a toys r us flyer for back to school! i was shocked! give us a break!-literally!