Tuesday, July 3, 2007

down and dirty!




so my mother in law called while we were at the cape and said she is coming to visit! we are very excited but this means that i will be spending the week doing all the deep cleaning my house has been longing for! it is always a good thing when someone comes to visit because all the nooks and crannies i have ignored become obvious to me.
yesterday i scrubbed the walls down the stairs to the playroom-could not believe how dirty they were! the playroom is the one room we have not done anything to since we moved in two years ago-oh the bathroom too. so i just didn't realize that the junk on the walls came off! every time thing 3 looks down the stairs she says "it's clean, it's clean". anyway, i also scrubbed out my fridge-that feels so good.
today i think we will do some dusting and stuff like that. i don't know about you but when i clean like this it always seems to get worse before it gets better. right now my house is pretty much turned upside down but it is all part of the process-right? one thing that is frustrating is that my favorite little vacuum is broken. it is the shark cordless vacuum and i can't live without it! i have all hard floors throughout my house and so i just run around with this thing everyday-or did run around with it. now it is broken and it is so much more of a chore to get out the broom and dust pan and be sure the things don't step in my piles before i get them swept up! i need to buy a new one. well, happy cleaning to me!-i am definitely back from vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah....I've been there! It's great to have a reason to clean isn't it. Crunch time! Wanna come visit me? -L-

Anonymous said...

My MIL is a neat freak too. I clean my house like crazy before each of her visits as well. I hope it all goes well.

Traci said...

Bummer your fave vaccuum broke! I am actually doing the same major cleaning too. My sis is flying in tomorrow and has never been to CT, so of course we want everything to be perfect!
Have fun with your visitor too!