Wednesday, September 5, 2007

school's IN!

today we are off to school! the boys are excited! thing 2 was up early, ready to shower and upset that thing 1 wasn't ready to get up!
i'm sending them back with a bit of mixed emotions. the summer went way too fast! but at the same time i'm ready for them to be at school. i'm ready for the schedules and organization that comes with the school year!


a new school year always keeps me up at night thinking about how quickly my kids have grown and how much i am missing my babies!

thing 1 has always been very independent. he's never had a problem leaving me and trying new things. when he was prob. about 2 i remember him asking me to drop him off at friends houses and then come back and get him. when it came time for kindergarten he was ready. he said goodbye and he was off, through those big doors. the hardest part for me was not knowing what he was doing-when was lunch, recess or specials! he never went to preschool so it was all new for me. i held it together though. thing 2 had the hardest time. he cried and didn't want to leave. he wanted to wait for thing 1. that broke my heart!



thing 2 is not so independent. he is much more of a home body, maybe a mama's boy-just a little bit. he went to preschool when he was four and that was really the only time i left him alone. he did not want to go! he screamed, told the teacher he hated her and sat in the corner all day. it made me wonder if i really wanted him to go to preschool. the second day he did the same thing. i told him i would wait outside for him so, like a good mother, i came back early, put a blanket out on the grass and acted like i'd been waiting for him the whole time. he was surprised and asked if i really had waited for him. the next day i told him i would do the same and he went in without the screaming and kicking. i again arrived early and waited outside for him. he then told me i didn't have to wait the next day. when kindergarten came he went without a problem-mostly, i think, because he was getting on the bus with his brother and friends.


so they're off. big boys now. today they start 3rd and 1st grade! But they'll always be my babies!(don't tell them)

5 comments:

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Reading this nearly made me cry...it's hard to think of The Snack getting that old. I wonder if he'll be more like Thing 1 or Thing 2.

Lacie said...

Let us know how the day goes!

I bet they will have a blast! It breaks my heart to watch my boys leave to go ANYWHERE with out me!

I guess all these feelings make us GREAT Moms!

Michelle said...

It is so hard letting our kids go. I think it is easier for them then it is for us moms. Your boys look cute.

laina kay said...

Such a sweet post. Can't get myself to write one of these... I'm too busy complaining about the summer being over! Cute pictures!

Traci said...

Your boys are soo darn cute with thier tow-heads!!! Glad school is going well.