Tuesday, September 21, 2010

last night, as I was out running errands with the kids we saw that our favorite summer ice cream shop was having its last day! 
We had to stop. 
 last night wasn't only their last day -for the season, but it was our last day- forever. 
We won't be here next summer.


So we stopped and as we pulled in we saw friends pull in behind us and as we climbed out of our car we saw other friends run across the parking lot to greet us. 
I guess we weren't the only ones who needed to say goodbye to the summer.

As we waited in line for our cones, thing 2's friend chatted with us while enjoying his cone.  I looked at him and he had a big circle of icecream around his lips, I had to laugh, it was so cute.  This boy is as big as my husband but he's 9.  seeing him with icecream all over his face reminded me that he was a kid.  That my son was still a kid.  Sometimes I get so busy with school and chores and everything that needs to be done and I forget to enjoy my children's youth.  I forget that they are little, and cute-even though they think they are 9 and all grown up.  I love moments like this so I can slow down and enjoy them.

2 comments:

laina kay said...

So sad... saying goodbye to summer and a favorite place.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

now I'm sad that you're leaving :( I guess we'll have to look forward to new memories at new places in ID...like Rupes! :)