Friday, September 5, 2008

even though...

i sometimes send the boys outside and tell them not to come in unless it is an emergency



i have been known to tell the kids it is quiet time so i can have a minute to think



i often say... "don't wake the baby"

"don't poke at him, you'll wake him up"

"ahh, you woke the baby!"



there are times i need the kids in bed... now!



i don't want to do any more homework!



sometimes i breathe a sigh of relief as the school bus pulls away with my boys on board



some days i look forward to the day that thing 3 climbs on board that bus too



my treats taste soooooo much better when the kids are in bed



i usually don't want to fix dinner-again



sometimes i have to pass the baby off to the dad so my arms can rest



more often than not i don't want to be ashley



most days i have to rush through the shower before that special little boy is screaming at me


it is always much easier and quicker to just bake the cookies myself


i have heard myself sending the kids to watch a show


once in a while i would like my personal space back


i would probably like to be the only one tasting my ice cream cone






i do love being a mom.

i love being my kids mom.

i loved that on their emergency sheet i could write

home

as my place of employment.

2 comments:

laina kay said...

Amen!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Amen to the amen. But gheesh...I still have years before that school bus starts bringing relief...and sadness.