Friday, October 16, 2009

before, after and some in between

the frightening before...

disgusting! i only show you so you can truly appreciate the after with me...

up comes the floor...

down come the walls...


gutted!

a lot of plumbing and "behind the scenes work went on before these walls went up...


and the floor went down...


the tub and the toilet went in...


the shower tile went up...



notice, i have 6 corner shelves-i LOVE them!


the lights and mirror are up and the vanity is in...




and the walls are painted!
we still need to paint and reinstall the trim and install the closet door (which is on order)-a little each weekend...
i'm so thrilled to have my bathroom done.
Thanks to my mom and dad
for putting their lives on hold
so they could "help" (really do it all) us.

6 comments:

Hedda said...

Wow... it looks awesome!! ( c :

eliza said...

did u ask my dad to help with the plumming?

Shaka said...

hi eliza, no, i didn't ask your dad-my dad does all of that too so he helped us with it all!

Alissa Nicolau said...

Your bathroom looks fantastic! Great job you guys!

That photo you took of the room down to studs made me feel right at home...

Traci said...

love the new bathroom! i bet it feels great to have it mostly done for sure!!!
b4 and after pix are a must.
look at all your helpers too!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

WOW!! It looks sooooo good! Though I gotta say I'll miss that pink and brown tile!! ;)

I love that the boys were in there doing the demolition work, that's gotta be the best part. But I can't believe you gutted the entire thing...how did you live like that?!

I love the 6 shower shelves, I love the color, I love the vanity and mirror, but I do believe tile in the shower falls into some kind of torture and abuse of womanhood...don't you HATE to clean it!? I have sworn it off for my future house!! ;)